Ridgemill is working alongside the Department of Education in the construction of a new, vertical secondary school in Dutton Park. The college will incorporate six main elements including a creative hub, administration hub, two innovative learning hubs, a health and wellbeing hub and a multipurpose hall.
Delivered over 3 stages the project will embrace 21st century pedagogy and focus on creative design solutions to provide a state-of-the-art facility for 1,500 students at full capacity.
The master plan for the school includes multiple buildings centred around an outdoor learning oasis.
- Creative hub: The creative hub will include facilities for visual arts, music, performing arts, multimedia and enterprise as well as the information hub
- Learning hubs: The learning hubs will include classrooms and specialised facilities for STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics), communication and humanities and social sciences
- Health and wellbeing hub: The health and wellbeing hub is located adjacent to the multipurpose hall and includes the canteen, food science facilities and hospitality facilities
- Administration hub: The administration hub will include student services, staff areas and offices, and the lecture theatre
- Sports: The multipurpose hall will include two indoor multipurpose sports courts. An additional outdoor sports court will be located adjacent to the hall. Students will access off-site ovals at a dedicated facility in Rocklea
- Green space: The learning oasis has been designed to bring green space into the heart of the campus. This will provide outdoor space for learning and social interaction. Additional green space will also be provided along Gladstone Road with an active park adjacent to Gair Park