On behalf of the Indigenous Land Corporation (ILC), Ridgemill is overseeing delivery of the residential refurbishment works at the Jumbun Aboriginal Community at Murray Upper in North Queensland.
The original 26 houses were constructed between the late 1970s and early 1980s and will be undergoing general improvement works such as internal and external painting as well as repair or replacement of:
- Kitchen, bathroom and laundry joinery
- Internal and external doors and door hardware, windows, doors, fly and security screens and louvers
- Ceiling fans, power points, light fittings
- Floor coverings
- Toilet pedestals and cisterns
- Shower recesses and bathroom floor and wall coverings, tap ware, vanities and bathroom accessories
- Kitchen tap ware with flick mixers
- Laundry tubs and tap ware
- Solar hot water systems
- Fascias, guttering, downpipes, roofing ridge caps and roof screws.
Works will be carried out in a staged approach to enable relocation of the existing residents and reduce impact on the community.