Construction of a two-storey, general learning area and innovation block to expand the school’s current accommodation.
The ground floor will incorporate:
- accommodation for up to 16 staff members including office, interview room and work room
- covered outdoor learning area
The building will also include a multimedia flexible learning area and an art flexible learning area that will provide suitable facilities for a range of practical activities
There will be 5 senior GLA’s on the first floor each accommodating up to 28 students. These rooms will offer the flexibility of being opened up into various configurations for larger groups.
The project also involves the extension to the existing Food Technology Centre to include a third teaching kitchen. The kitchen provides students with a new, state-of-the-art, “MasterChef” inspired kitchen incorporating:
- Bench-integrated induction cooktops and fan forced ovens
- Stone pizza oven and char grill
- Upright fridges and freezers
- Pass through dishwashers
- Vacuum sealer
- Ventilated ceiling
- Short throw projector for teaching demonstrations
- Lockable utensil storage drawers for each student