The project will provide an active transport link that will encourage people to walk and cycle to work, school, shopping facilities and open spaces, and includes a new pedestrian crossing on Wembley Road and a shared pathway through the Woodridge State School.
Features of the project include:
- 3m wide shared path wholly located on the Woodridge State School site
- hard and soft landscaping including trees and groundcover planting, seating, high quality paving and entrance statements
- CCTV and lighting along the shared path for security and safety
- a new signalised pedestrian crossing which replaces the current supervised pedestrian crossing
- landscaping, traffic signage and pedestrian path upgrades through Council’s car park to improve pedestrian and cycle connections to the CAC, LEC and Logan Gardens
- bench seats and wayfinding signage.